Sunday 21 September 2014

Super Smash Bros. 3DS Demo

After playing around and experimenting with the demo, I decided to write up a article about it. It features 3 Veteran fighters (Mario, Pikachu and Link) and 2 Newcomers (Animal Crossing Villager and Mega Man) who fight on the classic Battlefield stage. This demo has readied me for the full version, getting a feel of the controls and gameplay, seeing how this legendary franchise will play on a handheld. This demo has made me trust the 3DS version even more than I already did, the stereoscopic graphics look fine and shiny, comparable to the Wii U's HD display. Playing it showed me what the graphics looked like as images and YouTube videos or Twitch streams made them look blurrier and lesser than actuality since the official site would always show off more Wii U screenshots trying to undermine the 3DS truly great graphics. Despite originally finding the 60 FPS a lot faster than Brawl, I agree that is it is suited to that speed and works perfectly for competitive play.

This demo has psyched me even more for the October 3rd full release and shown me a glimpse of just how good Sakurai's masterpiece will be.

Download the European demo from the Nintendo 3DS eShop via this QR code:














No comments:

Post a Comment